My Top Budget Foundations & Healthy Skin Tips
Foundations! It can be a tricky choosing process. Even for me, someone who’s had their make up done professionally a million times, and picked the brains of every top make up artist!! I should know exactly what suits me and know what to choose.
The thing is, our skin isn’t always the same, mine changes. On average it would be classed as ‘combinational’ I don’t have any major concerns. It’s probably in the best condition it’s ever been and I put that down to growing up! I had terrible skin until I was about 20- I just grew out of it.. Thank god! I really empathise with anyone who suffers with acne. It’s extremely upsetting and affects your confidence. This week I’ve had a huge coldsore and that alone has made me feel horrible.
Diet is also a major factor. If you over indulge in sugar and fatty foods it will show on your skin.
Nobody has a sweeter tooth than me but I try not to go over board, although I will always have a little chocolate every day!
My top tips for healthier looking skin are … (And flawless looking foundation)
- Water water and more water! I can’t stress how important it is to drink 2 litres of water a day. It might sound like a lot but you’ll get used to it. Try adding mint, lemon , strawberries to a jug of water and keep it in the fridge to sip on throughout the day.
- No Smoking! I don’t need to explain the obvious here, we all know the effects of smoking internally, but as far as the outside goes , smoking will age you ten times faster than a non smoker. The lines of a smoker around their mouth especially is so apparent. If you do smoke at least try and limit it.
- Give your skin some TLC. Spend time on your face and neck. You don’t need to spend a fortune. Just cleanse tone and moisturise twice a day with whatever products you love or can afford. Indulge in a weekly face mask at home. See my favourite mask here
- Patience! When you’re applying your foundation you need to take your time. You can not just slap it on with your fingers and expect it to look flawless. I recommend using a good buffing foundation brush. If you follow me regularly you’ll know I’m a Blank Canvas fan. They work, they last and they’re so affordable. See my top brush picks here.
-My favourite budget foundations-
1. Rimmel Wake Me Up
This is probably my favourite of the cheaper foundations I own. It’s probably most suitable for normal / combinational skin. I think it’s very similar to Chanel Vitalumiere. It provides good coverage and leaves your skin really radiant and glowy.
2. NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat
This is perfect for someone with oily skin. I like to use it too when I want a matte finish. It’s light in texture but provides good coverage too. It glides onto your skin really easily also.
3. Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid
This feels really light and silky on your skin.
It definitely helps minimise pores and is quite long lasting also. I’d recommend this for combinational skin.