Nude Lipsticks – My Favourites!
A couple of weeks ago I asked you all on Facebook had you a favourite nude lipstick… It seems we are definitely fans of the nude lippy! It’s just a beautiful make up look, you can’t go wrong with a smoky eye and nude lipstick.
It works with any outfit at any time of year.
Mac seemed to come out on top for most of you and I’d tend to agree. My favourites are definitely by Mac also.
I rustled through my make up collection and pulled out my go to nude colours.
Here’s what they are (pictured from left to right):
- Mac Shy Girl – this is a peachy nude. I think it’s beautiful on blondes or red heads.
- Mac Japanese Maple – this is a proper nude. It’s not too white though. I’ve made that mistake before where I’ve gotten a mac nude that looked like concealer… Not a good look. This one is perfect.
- Mac Viva Glam II – this is my nighttime nude. It has a bit of warmth and depth to it making it perfect for nighttime with a glam smoky eye.
- Lancôme Rouge in love (240m) – This is pinky nude tone when it’s applied. I like this for during the day. It’s a really moisturising and long lasting lipstick too. Available here.
- Mac Hue – I have two of these, neither of which I could find to show you a swatch of. They’re most likely thrown into the bottom of one of my handbags! This is probably my favourite nude colour. I haven’t found one to beat it yet!
I have 2 nude glosses that I adore too.
- Maybelline Color Elixir (720) – this is so so glossy with really good pigmentation, you don’t need to apply lipstick with this. (I’m wearing this in the picture)
- MaxFactor ‘Pristine Nude’ – this is my essential everyday nude gloss. It’s a barely there colour worn alone, it’s great over any of the nude lipsticks either.
On my wish list is the Tom Ford nude vanilla! 😉
Do you use any of my favourites ?