HOW TO: Dress for your Body Shape – Pear Shape
Last Thursday was our first instalment of How to Dress for Your Body Shape.
As we know we’re all soo different in terms of body shape. You mightn’t necessarily be only 1 shape. Personally I feel I’m a different shape on any given day, depending on my mood! 😉
Today though we’re focusing on the Pear Shape.
If you are a bottom-heavy beauty and are bigger around the hips, bottom or thighs than you are up top then, like the majority of women, you are a Pear! You’ve probably also got a fairly flat stomach you lucky thing.
To bring out your womanly figure…
-Balance out your curvy bottom half with bold bright tops or tops with large collars, lapels or sleeves.
– Layering on your top half creates visual interest and draws the eye upwards
– Your jackets and tops need to finish either above or below the widest point of your hips and bottom
– Mid rise jeans will be most flattering
– Have fun with colour and striking necklines
– Kimono and bell sleeve tops will really flatter
– Try adding shrugs and gilets to a plain top
Best to avoid :
– Details, patterns, pockets on your thigh and hip area and belts on your hips
You’re in good company 😉
Famous Pears include:
LOOK #1: Casual
Leather jacket – ZARA (Buy here)
Grey v-neck crepe tee – Topshop (Buy here)
Bootcut jeans – River Island (Buy here)
Flower statement necklace – ASOS (Buy here)
Pink bag – Oasis (Buy here)
Ankle boots – New Look (Buy here)
LOOK #2: Night Out
Grey cami – River Island (Buy here)
Pink rosette midi skirt – Topshop (Buy here)
Statement gemstone necklace – New Look (Buy here)
Oversized clutch bag – ALDO (Buy here)
Nude pointed courts – Office (Buy here)